Friday 16 November 2012

Quad Royale-ing~

I took the Edward Bess Quad Royale for a test drive last week~ Having seen such nice reviews, I was hoping it would look just as gorgeous on me!

In case you've forgetten, this is the Quad Royale Face Illuminator and Colour from Edward Bess.


Quad Royale Shade 03: Summer in Capri ; S$56 from Luxola.com


Let's start with a made-up face sans the Quad Royale.


Ok. Decent enough, just a little pasty-looking. Enter Quad Royale.


Brushed in a circular motion over the palette then swiped all over the face. Used the 2 shades on the 1st row on the apples of my cheeks.


Can u see the added luminosity? =D I like it!! Looks really natural with just a touch of glow. (Or am I just dillusional? >_<)

I was in the muggy weather for about 30min then in aircon comfort for the next 5 hours till I got home. I hadn't checked my makeup the entire time but I suspect I might have needed a slight touchup if I was going to stay out any longer. I was satisfied with the slight glow and hint of colour that I still had on.

No touchups for 6 hours!
My thoughts on the EB Quad Royale:
  • Really pretty colours that I should probably be more heavy handed with next time
  • Pretty good staying power despite a dinner, a light sweat and some muggy weather.
  • Compact holder that's sleek and portable but I wish the brush was finer considering the price.
  • Quite pricey at S$56 so probably not a purchase I would repeat.

Honestly, today's makeup combination really made my day. I've never come home with the foundation looking so intact before. I like a dewiness to my look so the slight sheen doesn't really bother me~ =)

I'm wearing:
  • Kate Mineral BB gel cream in Ochre-C
  • bareMinerals Original Foundation in Fairly Light N10
  • ZeroKuma Concealer in 02 Yellow Beige (only on undereye area)
  • Edward Bess Quad Royale Face Colour & Illuminator in 03 Summer in Capri
  • Browlash Ex Volume Lash Fiber mascara
  • Kate Dual Liner in EX-1
  • ZA EverBrows in GY70
  • Maybelline WaterShine Pure lipstick in B23
bareMinerals foundation is my new baby!!! I LOVE IT!!!! (´ ▽`).。o♡

11 comments:

  1. Haha! I've been using bareMinerals for years now! Love it! Wouldn't think of switching back to a non-mineral one now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol >_< I've been using compacts & bb creams for soooooo long it never struck me to look at anything else! The only mineral powder I ever tried was maybelline's and didn't like it so the trail stopped there~ y u no intro bareMinerals to meeeee~~~~

      Delete
  2. Sheer Cover mineral foundation is good also. My only thing is, since my skin is so oily, I find that mineral foundation doesn't last as long. For me, it slides off so fast in the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember lots of infomercials for sheer cover but /facepalm it never struck me to try it~ =_= Does it hold up better if you're indoors the whole time? I'm not sure how well mine will hold up if I were to be outdoors all day...it'd probably slide off too.

      Delete
    2. It held up well indoors and I remember how much I loved it. Then one day, we we're driving to the beach on a hot day and my friend told me, "you need to blot b/c your makeup is sliding off". So I stopped using it ever since then, but then again, my face is super oily. I think the foundation might work really well for those with normal or dry skin.

      Delete
    3. Oh I see..pity..I break into a sweat quite easily in the sun so I feel you. But it's ok, 'cos now you have the Kate bb gel cream~ =)

      Delete
    4. That's true and I'm really loving it. I'm so impressed with it that I've taken a peek at other products in their line. I so want to try the Kate Cover Concealer for Cover (gotta love the name, right, haha!!!). Yeah, I read one review that it covers well, but she thought it was a bit drying for under eyes. But it might be just right for me and what's left of my acne marks.

      Delete
    5. Lol yes the names crack me up too~ I recently bought the Kate Powderless Liquid for Cover...for a liquid foundation that settles into a powdery finish, that's really calling it the way it is! XD

      Delete
    6. Oh, how are you liking that? How's the color? I want to try this, too. I wish their products were sold here in the US. I hate having to order everything online.

      Delete
    7. Hmm..I just bought it yesterday so I haven't really given it a decent chance yet =p But I'll probably get a review done and up sometime next week. I bought ochre-D this time and it matched my skin exactly! Lol so I guess that confirms we're the same skintone.

      I hear you about the online bit...Singapore sells a pretty good range already but the product range per brand is never complete..sometimes less than half. Sigh, you'd think that given the popularity of Japanese & Korean brands they'd have more physical stores in the states =/

      Delete
    8. That's great that we are exactly the same skintone. I'll be looking forward to your review.

      Yeah, maybe one day Japanese & Korean brands will become popular enough to have physical stores here, but until then, at least I have you to try all of these products for me.

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts?