Monday 4 February 2013

Quick Peek - Nuxe Unclogging Thermo-active Mask

I seem to have amassed a fair number of Nuxe products recently >_< after enjoying the effective convenience of the Nuxe Rose Petal Micellar Cleansing Water (which I ended up buying a 2nd bottle of) and Huile Prodigieuse Multi-usage Dry Oil, I'd like to see what other good products I can find from the range~

This is the Unclogging Thermo-active Mask (awarded 2010 Prix Parents les etoiles de la beaute/Star Beauty) from Nuxe's Aroma-Perfection series:

 
The Aroma-Perfection range is an Anti-Imperfection range, targeted at combination and oily skin. Formulated with rice, walnut powder, jojoba and kaolin clay, the Thermo-Active mask serves to gently exfoliate, clarify and deep cleanse the pores.


I think this mask is one of those that needs to be shaken a little before dispensing as my initial squeeze dispensed a cloudy oil. After shaking you get a consistency more like a cream exfoliant:


Upon application the warm sensation is almost immediate, gentle and fades in less than a minute. The mask also returns to a slightly more oil-like texture.

 
After about 3 minutes, I massaged for about 20 - 30 seconds before washing off with cold water. The fine granules give gentle exfoliation as promised.
 
Well, I regret the lack of an after photo but visually there isn't much difference after only 3 uses over 2 weeks. My skin does feel very smooth (very) and clean without any tightness. The mask also washes off easily and throughly despite the slightly oily texture and doesn't leave you with any lingering 'mask' feeling.
 
In short this initial usage of the Nuxe Unclogging Thermo-Active Mask:
  • has a pleasant floral/nutty fragrance that's gentle and not noticeable after the initial whiff
  • is, as indicated, a gentle exfoliator so not for those who ummm..'like it rough' so to say =p
  • gentle warming sensation occurs almost immediately upon application but fades quickly
  • skin feels mattified, clean and very smooth after massage and rinse
  • washes off easily and doesn't leave any residual feeling, tautness or oiliness
**Note: Use with caution in dry climate - 1 of the 3 times I used this mask was in a winter climate and the next morning my skin felt dry with patches of light skin peeling! Despite returning to Singapore a day after that, it took about 4 more days before I was able to return my skin back to normal.
I really like the skin smoothening results and the lack of any residual feeling so I'll keep using it and check back in about a month or so with the results~ Really hope it'll help clean out my pores!
 
All the exfoliators I've used so far have only delivered smoothening and dead skin removal results but not much in the pore-cleansing department. How about yours?


2 comments:

  1. The concept sounds good, but thermal heat activated masks just don't work for me. I tried it twice, and it left my oily face so dry to point of flaking. *Sighs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this Nuxe one was really quite drying compared to the others I've tried before, it's lucky I live in such a humid country >_<

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts?