Thursday 19 June 2014

Pucker up quick! - Mini-review on Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm

Greetings from Tokyo! (^---^)v The weather has been really nice, despite a slight shower earlier yesterday~ Averaging ard 27ºc I think? Quite perfect! Especially when there's a nice breeze most of the time~

I packed my new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm this trip and have used it the past couple days. The colour is really nice, buildable too! I have the matte balm in Unapologetic, which is a pretty darn bright shade of rose pink. Paired with a light eye, it's not as overwhelming as I'd thought! And also not as drying as I expected a matte lippie to be~ (I still have a layer of balm first though, my lips tend to go slightly dry in cool climates~)


Revlon describes this lippie as:

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm offers velvety color with balm-like moisture. Infused with a Triple Butter Complex of Shea, Mango and Coconut Butter. This retractable chubby crayon requires no sharpener.

Hope you can see the colour ok~ It's my first time blogging from my mobile so the controls are a little icky (^--^);;


As you probably can see, it's not super duper matte, more towards a velvety finish. I blot off after application and top it off with a layer of Edward Bess nude lipstick over my cupid's bow so that my lips don't look super pouty.

The staying power of this shade is pretty good! After blotting, there will still be some transfer after a meal but the colour remains obvious though not as bright a shade as before so I only touched up after meals.

I'll do up a proper review when I get back! I only have 1 - 2 light layers of Unapologetic on thus the not-so-bright rose pink pucker but it is definately buildable for heavy impact.

p/s: Loving my new green-based ash hair colour! Who says those little neighbourhood aunty salons can't do a good job? The aunty who did my hair was excited cos it was her first time attempting this colour...she was so happy when it came out alright.....and I was helping them clean out their stock of green dye too apparantly lol XP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?